Tuesday 9 June 2015

Two on Tuesday x


Happy Tuesday and welcome to another week of Two on Tuesday.



Last week saw the advent of Summer. It actually did get hot on a few days. It also heralded the beginning of my first choice........................

Rinda's Summer Scavenger Hunt.



You cannot imagine the wealth of happy dancing happening down here when Rinda's photography treasure hunt begins. I so look forward to her announcement every year and the day the full list comes out is just so much fun.

Usually I go, Mmh what can I find?

Then Mmh what will I never find?

By the end of the list I normally have a good idea of what, when and where I can take my pictures and hope and pray that I fit it all in.

This years list is just a quirky as always

1. A bouquet of flowers - yes please
2. An ornate door knocker - NT property perhaps
3. A person walking a dog (or other animal) -  Willow? Maybe not!!!
4. People playing a board game or card game - urhm I could stage it I suppose
5. Architectural columns - NT property again maybe
6. A metal bridge - not sure yet
7. A turtle - this one will be a challenge
8. Someone "plugged in" to social media - easy peasy
9. A tent -  could I get into Glastonbury free do you reckon?
10. A college or university -  again know where
11. A cellular tower or television satellite dish -  not sure but I can figure it out
12. A public restroom, bathroom, or toilet -  Dobbies have the best sinks
13. A merry-go-round or carousel - Clarks Village maybe
14. A traffic signal -  easy
15. A flag pole with at least three flags on it - not sure about this one either
16. A panoramic view, taken while standing someplace high in the air - anyone fancy The London Eye?
17. At least two people wearing matching outfits or uniforms - urhm?
18. An overloaded truck, car, bicycle or other vehicle -  anywhere during harvest really
19. A ticket booth -  London maybe
20. A natural body of water -  any excuse to go to the beach?
21. A photograph of you with a sign reading "2015 Summertime Photography Scavenger - ooh the horror lol

So I've spied a few blogs already sharing pictures, look forward to seeing more as the weeks progress.

Secondly, have you read any of Kirsty's wonderful series on her experiences of Guiding?  All last week, Kirsty explored her very personal adventures as a Guide, Guide leader and adventures both here and abroad. Kirsty has had the most amazing opportunities to travel and share her Guiding knowledge whilst inspiring other Guides to do the same.


circa 1974 aged about 9 years old

I have wonderful memories of being a Brownie, Guide and Snowy Owl. As a Brownie, I learnt lots of amazing skills which I still use to this day and other not so exciting ones but how to make a 2 pence piece shine using ketchup springs to mind as we always had to have 2p for the phone in our pockets.
I went on some great camping adventures as  Guide and met people from across the country. At The Queen's Silver Jubilee I was lucky enough to go to Westminster Abbey for a service celebrating Guiding and still have my badge to prove it.

I also found a secondhand copy of The Brownie Guide Handbook in Oxfam which I treasure. Being a part of these organisations helped me to learn about myself, about working as a team and about facing your fears, but most of all about being an incredible girl and woman.

I hope you enjoy reading Kirsty's wonderful stories as much as I did.

Were you a Brownie or Guide?



4 comments:

  1. Thanks for the shout out. Looking forward to seeing what you find.
    Rinda

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE that picture, it's so adorable! Thank you for the lovely mention, that's really kind of you, and I love hearing that other people (and especially other scrappers!) have enjoyed similar experiences :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love that picture too :) I was a Queens Guide and I still treasure the memories of every single thing I did to get there. TSO is off to camp soon and I can't wait to help her pack!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was a Brownie for a while, and I had a uniform just like yours - I can still feel the soft cotton. We had to sew the badges on the sleeves... Great choices today and I have been enjoying both.

    ReplyDelete

Hello and thank you so much for stopping by. It is always a pleasure to read the comments I receive and to meet new friends. I try and reply to comments on friend's blogs as much as possible. I hope you have enjoyed reading my blog and look forward to seeing you here again soon. Love Jo xxx